Friday, February 24, 2012

BCA! - Health/Training update

Okay so last week I finished my chemotherapy treatments and came down with a cough. Went to the doctors and he said it seemed like a bronchitis issue and put me on levaquin for 10 days. Went back to see him on Monday of this week and had a chest xray and come to find out I have the start of pneumonia so he put me on a steroid pack for the week and changed the antibiotic to augmentin which I start tomorrow. The chemo side effects are so confused with all the other things going on so my body doesn't know what to do.

Next week is March 1, 2012 and my training will start with the goal to become stronger and better than I was before I was diagnosed with cancer. There will be many ups and downs but I am going to be trying to gain the strength and speed to win my age group in every event. We all know how big the 50-54 age group is so I have a lot of work ahead of me, I know that I can count on my friends for support. The current goal is to get off the percocet  so that I can start to drive again.

The bike is in the trainer and the treadmill has been cleaned and maintenance has been completed so everything is ready. It will be about a month before I attempt to get in the pool but I really do miss it and can't wait till I can become a fish. The first race I have is March 17 the St. Patty's Day 5 K in Ocean City on the boardwalk. Now I am sure that this won't be a winning race but the goal is to finish it. Simple as that right? We all need to have goals to reach and that is what important.

Along with my training program I will be tracking my diet and all of the vitamins and supplements that I will be using. There will be reviews for you to read and maybe help you decide if something will work for you. One of the first things I plan to review is the Garmin 910XT. The next thing I will be reviewing are the vitamins that I will be using to help rid my body of the poison that the chemo has put in to me. These vitamins have been approved by my doctor for use starting March 1.

BCA! - Brian Comes Alive! 2012 is my year to prove that you can come back from cancer with the support and caring of those around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment