Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentines Day 5K

February 11, 2012 was the first 5K of the Annapolis Striders Championship Series. The weather was snow & rain mix and the temperature was around 30 degrees. This excluded me from even attempting to run/walk the course. This being said we picked up our granddaughter Alaina on the way and her and I cheered on my wife Marion who is running the series for the first time. We saw her of at the start and went to the van and played for a bit and then went to the finish line. When Marion came in to view I told Alaina there is Mom mom and she started cheering her in to the finish line. We met up with her and Alaina ran up to her and said you did it. Marion said that made her day.

This role of the support person is not one that I am used to being in but it is satisfying when the ones you love and train cross the finish line. We spent the rest of the day having lunch at Applebee's and then bought our little one some new sneakers and then went to Build A Bear. This was a great day and one I needed as I prepare for my last chemo treatment on Monday. With Valentines Day on Tuesday make sure you take time to tell the ones you love how much you love them. We will be celebrating today so that we can enjoy a nice dinner of lobster and steak. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY to everyone and thank you for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment