Saturday, May 7, 2011

Eagleman Bike course & Practice Tri

Eagleman Bike course

Well yesterday I went to Cambridge, MD and introduced myself to the bike course. With a slow start and learning the road markings eventually I got going pretty well. My predicted time for the race is 3.5 hours and I finished yesterday in 8 minutes over my predicted time. My thoughts are that come race day I will be able to make my time and maybe even better. There is a lot of training left to do and I am thinking that some hill training will help me on that flat course.

Practice Tri

Saturday May 7, 2011 - went to Pasadena, MD and met with Gary from the ATC and 5 others to get our first open water swim. What a reminder that the pool is nothing like the open water. Where did the line go? Siting is so important so that you don't get to far off course. The water was cold but the wetsuit worked as much as a sleeveless wetsuit is suppose to work. Tried a little something different and rode my bike with bare feet in the bike shoes, then used socks in my running shoes and things went well. There will be some more practice this month and I'll get this figured out by race day. Between the bike and run I used a G1 hydration and some Cytomax from the water bottle and didn't get the fatigue that I have in the past. The transition from bike to run went better than I expected. So some more work on my swim and I look forward to some good things on June 12, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment