Monday, February 1, 2010

January 31, 2010

Wow! Is the month of January over already? What a month this has been. While I started working on the voyage in December 2009 I started with my training at AquaFit in Chestertown, Maryland. The trainers Allison F. Harper, Mark R. Pagano, and Ellyn Vail provided a plan for all the training and meet with the team weekly. This Sunday January 31st was our first group swim practice, I have to say that after an hour of drills and instruction I was rather sore. My plan was to run after the swim practice and while I did a run that day it wasn't until later that afternoon. While I am still tuning up my bike and waiting for some parts to arrive I have been attending spin classes twice a week. These classes have been great to get me back into the saddle and to get my bike skills sharpened.

The January summary of my training looks like this: Cross Training – 2 hours, Cycling – 3 hours 6 minutes, Running – over 70 miles in 10 hours 5 minutes, Swimming 1 hour 20 minutes. During this month I posted a new personal best for the mile and I believe that I am on track for a personal best for a 5k on February 14, 2010.

With January behind me I am looking forward to bigger and better things in February and while I am concentrating on my first triathlon Assateague Assault Triathlon in June I want to continue running which I hope it does not interfere with my triathlon training.

My diet has been a part that February is going to be a primary focus and I will log everything I eat, drink and the supplements I take.

No comments:

Post a Comment